The summit will address topics surrounding a service member’s transition to civilian life and will allow transitioning soldiers, business owners and community members the opportunity to network. Service members, military spouses and military support specialists will participate in the panel discussions as well.
Brigadier General Patrick Frank, 1st Infantry Division and Fort Riley Deputy Commanding General, will address the summit along with Kansas Department of Commerce Secretary Antonio Soave.
The following topics will be addressed:
- military skill set capability
- employment and social media
- employing the military spouse
- setting realistic employment expectations
- transition concerns facing service members and employers
- benefits of hiring a veteran
For more information about the Kansas Military Workforce Summit, contact Nicole Randall with the Kansas Department of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.