Records: Kansas State 19-8, 8-6 Big 12 // Iowa State 13-13, 4-10 Big 12
Next Game: Wednesday, Feb. 21 // Texas (16-11, 6-8 Big 12) // 8 p.m. CT // ESPNU
- K-State now has a 1,629-1,143 all-time record since basketball play began in 1903.
- K-State is now 364-116 all-time at Bramlage Coliseum since its opening during the 1988-89 season… The 364 victories are the second-most at a home venue… The Wildcats are 163-36 at home over the last 12 seasons, including 70-31 in Big 12 play… Head coach Bruce Weber is now 79-20 at Bramlage Coliseum since taking over at K-State in 2012-13.
- Head coach Bruce Weber is now 432-231 overall in his 20th season, including a 119-76 mark in his sixth season at K-State… The 119 victories rank fourth all-time in school history and are the most wins since Jack Hartman retired as the winningest coach in school history in 1986 with 295 career victories.
- K-State now leads the all-time series with Iowa State, 139-87, including 81-27 at home… The Cyclones still hold a 24-22 edge since the start of Big 12 play… The Wildcats swept the season series for the first time since 2011 and snapped a two-game losing streak to the Cyclones at Bramlage Coliseum.
- The starting lineup consisted of redshirt freshman Cartier Diarra, junior Barry Brown, Jr., sophomore Xavier Sneed, sophomore Makol Mawien and junior Dean Wade… This is the 12th straight game using this lineup… Brown pushes his team-best streaks of current games played (94) and consecutive starts (73)… It was the 93rd career start for Wade, including the 72nd in row… Sneed has now started 29 games, including all 27 this season… It was the 27th start in a row for Mawien and the 12th straight for Diarra.
- K-State scored 78 points on 51.7 percent shooting (31-of-60), including 40.0 percent (10-of-25) from 3-point range, and went 6-of-8 from the free throw line… It marked the 14th time connecting on 50 percent or better from the field this season, which is the highest mark since the 1987-88 team hit on 50 percent or better from the field in 19 games.
- K-State hit on double-digit 3-point field goals for the seventh time this season, including the second time in Big 12 play, and the first time since hitting 10 vs. No. 6/7 West Virginia (1/1).
- K-State posted a rebound advantage of 35-28, which marked the eighth time this season out-distancing its opponent, and the first time since at Kansas (1/29)… The 13 offensive rebounds tied for the season-high and were the most since posting 13 vs. UMKC (11/14/17).
- K-State dished out 20 assists on 31 made field goals… It marked the fifth time with at least 20 assists in a game and the first time since vs. SE Missouri State (12/16/17)… It was the most in Big 12 play.
- K-State posted just 12 turnovers, including just 4 in the second half, as the team has 12 turnovers or less in 20 of 27 games this season, including single-digit turnovers on eight occasions.
- K-State out-scored Iowa State, 32-26, in the paint, which marked the 18th time with at least 30 points in the paint and the 19th time holding the advantage over the opponent.
- The two teams were tied at 33-all at halftime after K-State led by as many eight points in the first half… It marked the fourth time this season being tied at the half, including the third time in four games.
Associate Director for Athletics Communications | K-State Athletics