Final Score: Kansas State 76, Baylor 67
Records: Kansas State 21-10, 10-8 Big 12 // Baylor 18-13, 8-10 Big 12
Next Game: Thursday, March 8 // vs. TCU (21-10, 9-9 Big 12) // 11:30 a.m. // ESPN2
- K-State now has a 1,631-1,145 all-time record since basketball play began in 1903.
- K-State’s 10 Big 12 wins are the most in a single season since also winning 10 in 2013-14… It marks the eighth time in the last 12 seasons that the team has posted double-digit conference victories… The six Big 12 home wins are the most since posting seven in 2014-15, as the Wildcats have already guaranteed themselves a winning home record in league play for the first time since 2014-15 (7-2).
- K-State finishes alone in fourth place in the Big 12 standings with a 10-8 league record after being picked eighth in the preseason poll… It is the highest finish since winning the league title in 2012-13.
- K-State is now 366-116 all-time at Bramlage Coliseum since its opening during the 1988-89 season… The 366 victories are the second-most at a home venue… The Wildcats are 165-36 at home over the last 12 seasons, including 72-31 in Big 12 play… Head coach Bruce Weber is now 81-20 at Bramlage Coliseum since taking over at K-State in 2012-13.
- Head coach Bruce Weber is now 434-233 overall in his 20th season, including a 121-78 mark in his sixth season at K-State… The 121 victories rank fourth all-time in school history and are the most wins since Jack Hartman retired as the winningest coach in school history in 1986 with 295 career victories.
- K-State now leads the all-time series with Baylor, 21-18, including 11-8 at home… The Wildcats swept the season series for the first time since 2013, while the four straight wins are the most in the series.
- The starting lineup consisted of redshirt freshman Cartier Diarra, junior Barry Brown, Jr., sophomore Xavier Sneed, sophomore Makol Mawien and juniorDean Wade… This is the 16th straight game using this lineup… Brown pushes his team-best streaks of current games played (99) and consecutive starts (77)… It was the 97th career start for Wade, including the 77th in row… Sneed has now started 33 games, including all 31 this season… It was the 31st start in a row for Mawien and the 16th straight for Diarra.
- K-State scored 77 points on 52.0 percent shooting (26-of-50), including 30 percent (6-of-20) from 3-point range, and connected on 79.2 percent (19-of-24) from the free throw line… It marks the 15th time this season that the Wildcats have scored 75 points or more, including eight times in Big 12 play.
- K-State connected on 50 percent or better from the field for the 15th time this season, including the ninth time in Big 12 play… It is the highest total since doing it 19 times in 1987-88… The Wildcats also connected on 50 percent or better in each half for the 11th time this season.
- The Wildcats recorded 19 assists on Saturday, marking the 17th time this season K-State has recorded 15 or more team assists in a game…The 19 assists are the most since recording 20 against Iowa State (2/17).
- K-State out-scored Baylor, 28-26, in the paint, which marked the 21st time this season the Wildcats possessed advantage over the opponent.
- K-State posted just 10 turnovers on Saturday, as the team has 12 turnovers or less in 23 of 31 games this season, including single-digit turnovers on 10 occasions.
- K-State scored 20 points off 14 Baylor turnovers, marking the 11th time this season the Wildcats have scored 20 or more points off turnovers in a game… The 20 points off turnovers were the most since scoring 22 against Texas (2/7) and the fifth time the Wildcats posted 20 or more points against Big 12 opponents.
- K-State led 35-25 at the half behind 51.7 percent (15-of-29) shooting… It marked the 19th time this season leading the half, including sixth time in Big 12 play.
- Junior Barry Brown, Jr., and Dean Wade each eclipsed 500 points vs. Baylor, becoming the seventh duo in school history to do so in the same season and the first since Jacob Pullen (715) and Denis Clemente (613) in 2009-10… Overall, Wade is the 30th Wildcat and Brown the 31st player to score 500 or more points in a single season and the first since Marcus Foster in 2014.
- Wade scored a team-high 25 points on 9-of-14 field goals, including 1-of-2 from 3-point range, and 6-of-7 from the free throw line to go with a team-high 7 rebounds…. Wade’s 17 points in the first half were the second-most in any half this season and the most since scoring 18 in the first half at Iowa State (12/29/17)… It marked his 15th career 20-point game, including his 11th this season (10 coming in Big 12 play)… He has now scored in double figures in 61 career games, including a team-best 27 this season… He finished Big 12 play having scored in double figures in all 18 league games.
- Brown scored 18 points on 6-of-9 field goals, including 2-of-4 from 3-point range, and 4-of-7 from the free throw line to go with a game-high 9 assists… He has now scored in double figures in 58 career games, including 24 this season… His 9 assists tied a career-high, previously recorded against TCU on Jan. 20, as the guard has recorded five or more assists on 10 different occasions this season.
- Sophomore Makol Mawien scored 14 points on 5-of-7 field goals… He has now scored in double figures in seven career games… K-State is a perfect 7-0 when he registers double digits.
- Sophomore Xavier Sneed dished out 6 assists on Saturday, nearing a career-high mark of 7 recorded against Northern Arizona (11/20/17) earlier this season… Sneed’s 6 assists mark the second time in his career he has recorded five or more assists in a game.
Associate Director for Athletics Communications | K-State Athletics